The Duval County Law Library staff is committed to serving the public, self-represented litigants, and the legal community in Duval, Clay and Nassau counties The Law Library is one of many resources available to the public to ensure Access to Justice. We hope you find the information helpful. Please contact our staff with any suggestions for improvement.
Duval County Courthouse
501 West Adams Street, Room 2291
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Monday - Friday
Bud Maurer, J.D., Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tracey Murphy, Assistant Director, Research Services (Traceym@coj.net)
McQuire Allen-Hall, Court Program Services Assistant Director (McQuireah@coj.net)
|Phone: (904) 255-1150
Fax: (904) 255-1164
The Duval County Law Library serves the 4th Judicial Circuit Court. It furthers the cause of justice by providing public access to legal resources needed to pursue all aspects of research and development of a legal case.
The Duval County Law Library contains a comprehensive collection of legal resources pertaining to Florida law. A nominal Federal collection is also available.
The print collection includes:
- Florida Cases (1846-current)
- Florida Digest
- Florida Juris Prudence
- Florida Jury Verdict Reporter (1981-current)
- Florida Law and Compiled Statutes (1920-1940)
- Florida Law Weekly (Jan. 1997-current)
- Florida Law Weekly Supplement (1992-current)
- Florida Legal and Business Forms
- Florida Pleading and Practice Forms
- Florida Statutes (1941-current)
- Florida Statutes Annotated
- Law of Florida (1845-current)
- Legal Topic Treatises
- Revised and Compiled Statutes (1920-1940)
- Additionally, Practice and Procedure guides on various legal topics, primarily Florida specific, and numerous self-help books to assist self-represented litigants and attorney patrons are also available.
The print collection is supplemented by public access to WestLawNext and Lexis Advanced (users must be at the library to access these databases). The library staff may provide assistance and/or guidance in obtaining legal information from other on-line resources. Search results may be printed for a fee (See Library Services).
Library materials are for reference and remain in the law library for patron use. Exceptions may be made on a limited basis for attorney patrons.